Monday, August 1, 2016

To pink or not to pink?

When I was younger, I hated pink, I avoided it at all costs. Slowly over the years, though, I have made peace with it and now I can actually appreciate it... in small doses.

I am currently making myself a new purse (using the Sydney pattern from Swoon) and I chose the Macrame Leaves canvas from Cotton + Steel for the outer fabric, which has little pops of neon pink in it:


In putting together the purse, I realized that the way in which I had cut the pieces for the front of the purse meant that I had none of the little pink bits showing. So I stopped what I was doing, ripped out the sewn seams then recut and re-sewed the pockets so that there were some of the pink bits showing.

*long, existentially fraught pause* I don't know who I am anymore.... :P

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny! I love that fabric and the bits of pink are just gorgeous! Embrace the pink girl!!

    ReplyDelete