Sunday, May 29, 2016

May is for Makers week 5 - Bendy Bag

Finally, we wrap up the month of #MayisforMakers with week 5. I have made hardly a dent in the patterns that I have purchased, but I have plans for all of them!

May Is For Makers | LRstitched.com

As I mentioned before, I am an absolute sucker for a good zippered pouch or useful basket or bag, and while I was having a hard time finding another quilt or clothing pattern that I *really* wanted to buy, I had no trouble finding another zippered pouch pattern! I ended up choosing the Bendy Bag by Lazy Girl Designs, and honestly I really can't wait to try it out. It is offered as part of her Craftsy class, Zip It Up: Easy Techniques for Zippered Bags, but you can purchase the pattern separately. I got the class (on sale, woot!) and will be jumping into it as soon as I can.  

Image courtesy of Lazy Girl Designs

The pattern seems quite interesting... you put the zipper in flat and then a fold is sewn in on each side, origami-like, to bring it into the bag shape! I like the square-ish shape of this bag, I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty of uses for it. 

So now that I have all of these new things to make, I had better get working! I hope you managed to show your support for an independent maker/artist/craftsperson this month... and if not, it's not too late! Get out there and show them some love :) 

2 comments:

  1. I also signed up for that class a while ago and made the little cross-body bag for my daughter. I love the Bendy pouch and you might have inspired me to get back to the class and put that one together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit... I've made one so far and I'm not thrilled with how it came out. It comes together fine, the instructions are clear and easy to follow... but the end result is so small as to be kind of useless. I don't know what to use it for! I may have to try sizing the pattern up a bit and see if I can make it a bit more useful ;)

      Delete