Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring has sprung!

Today is the first properly nice day of spring so far here in Montreal. The sun is out, the windows are open, the flip flops are on... it's lovely!

Things have been *very* busy here, but sadly not with anything that makes for interesting reading. The Montreal MQG has been keeping me on my toes as we wind down towards the end of our year and the summer break. I'm making heaps of lists to get this year wrapped up and start planning out next year. While it has been a lot of work (no one to blame but myself for that!), I am generally pleased with how my first year as president has gone, and am very excited for the next!

I have completed the quilt top for my submission to our Molinari Challenge... we've agreed to keep our quilts off social media until after the challenge is complete, but I can give you a sneak peek:


I don't yet know how I will quilt it, but I do know it will be titled "Plainsong".

I took the week off around my birthday and spent it puttering at home, mostly. B also took a few days off, so we did finally tackle painting the office/studio. It had been a sort of avocado green for a number of years now... a nice enough color but at times made it feel like you were sitting in a big bowl of guacamole. :P So we cleared everything out and painted it good ol' white... it makes a huge difference in the brightness of the room! I took the opportunity to reorganize my workspace a bit and to put up a sturdier design wall (I followed Shannon's lead) using a few styrofoam sheets and some flannel:



Like I said, not exactly exciting stuff, but happy to have it done. So now I can get back to finishing up my Weight of Love quilt top, get the Molinari challenge piece done and then... look forward to the summer! Maybe a break is in order in the quilting stuff so I can make a dent in the clothing projects pile instead! ;) 

2 comments:

  1. I love your new and improved studio! I didn't know you sew clothes?! What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed! I actually started sewing clothes before I got into quilting :) At the moment I'm trying to recreate my favorite pair of pants without a pattern. Thank god for 5% spandex fabric! ;D

      Delete