Monday, February 15, 2016

Pass the mustard

I have to start with a confession... the colors yellow and orange do not excite me. I can appreciate them in a retro-sixties/seventies kind of way in certain applications, but by and large I just do not find them appealing. I also have something of a love/hate relationship with pink.

So you can imagine my surprise when I ordered this fabric for the Libs Elliott workshop I'm attending in a few weeks:

I will also be getting a few solids to go with these, most likely some hot pink (to pick up on the pink detail in a few of the prints), maybe a bit more mustard yellow and some more white. Now, granted, there is a lot of grey going on in this palette which balances the yellow out... but for me, this amount of yellow/orange is nothing short of monumental.

Or maybe just mental.

Strange as it is, though, I am extremely excited about this project! Can't wait to see how it comes together!

4 comments:

  1. Pink anf and yellow are my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow with gray ! This is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if anyone can make mustard yellow play well with others, you can!

    ReplyDelete