Friday, February 12, 2016

A quick fix

I've got a heap of dull but necessary administrative-type stuff on my plate lately, so I was in need of a quick creative fix the other night. We just got some lovely business cards done for the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild, so I decided to make a scrappy business card holder:



I have a bin full of odds and ends from previous projects, and in some cases, projects I never even got around to doing. In this case, I used some grey print that I bought for a project (and then changed my mind on) and some orange and pink leftover from a baby quilt I made for a friend, along with a bit of elastic and a button.


I traced the rough size of the cards on the fabric, added a bit for seam allowance and 15 minutes later I had myself a little card holder! Not the fanciest bit of work I've ever done, but it'll do the trick for now. Sometimes you just need to knock out a quick little project to keep the creative juices flowing :)

Now, I have to get back to my mile-long To Do list...


1 comment:

  1. I like it! I love pink and orange together. I can't believe it only took you 15 minutes to put this together. Would have taken me 3 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete